Friday, April 16, 2010

Things to do when you are bored and a question about immortality

I wish I had time to be bored here! I am so much busier than I ever imagined - 5 classes today! I did an activity with the teens where they picked a piece of paper out of a basket that had a "what would you do if . . . " question. (what would you do if you could be president, won the lottery, etc). I was surprised that everyone that got the question "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live" chose Padina, Serbia. I thought the teens would pick places like Belgrade or London or Paris, but they preferred the little farming town of Padina. I also found it interesting that they all said they would be immortal if they had the option. If you could be immortal, would you? Let me know - I am curious to find out what people think. I don't think I would want to live forever. We have such an amazingly beautiful planet that is so rich in diversity. Tragically, we are destroying the natural landscape at an alarming rate and losing more and more species each year. I am too afraid to see what will happen to our planet in the future, so I would not chose to be immortal if I had the opportunity.

I was looking for more "What would you do" questions online for the teens when I came across this website: Things to do when you are bored. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at some of the suggestions. Hopefully no one heard me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment