Saturday, April 3, 2010

Meet my new best friend!

Some of you joked that I should try to get a pet here and it looks like I found my new best kitty friend. She decided to "adopt" my hosts. They did not pick her out, she just showed up one day, meowed for food, and decided to live here. She is just about the sweetest creature I have ever met! I wish she could give my Lucy and Pompeii lessons on how a cat should act. The most exciting part is that she is pregnant! She is so tiny - it's hard to imagine she is about to have babies. She hangs out on the porch and constantly begs for food. When I go outside, she comes running up to me. I pick her up and she snuggles against my neck and purrs and massages/kneads her paws on my shoulder. The, she will try to curl up and take a nap in my arms. She tries to cling to when when I put her down. I could probably carry her around all day and she wouldn't mind.
I have always had a special connection with animals so having her here is definitely making the transition so much easier. I know it may sound silly, but it would be a lot more difficult and lonely without an animal around. I'm already sad about having to leave her in 2 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment