Sunday, April 25, 2010

Baby Animal Heaven!



Today I got to hold 6 kittens under two weeks old and two puppies - could it get any better!?! The cat that lives here brought her third and final kitten over to the house. They are just so precious! I can hold all three in one hand. Their eyes will be closed for at least another week yet. I can't wait till they get a little older and I can play with them.



Janko's sister invited us over for lunch. I was nervous to go at first because it's always a little awkward being a vegetarian guest in someone's home. I know some of you would think its no big deal, just eat the meat. But, I just can't make myself do it. Luckily, she was nice enough to prepare some vegetarian options and it turned out to be a nice lunch.

The best part was that their cat had kittens two weeks ago! She has two beautiful little kittens that look like a combination of my Cosmo and Sabrina. Plus, she has a third orphan kitten that she took in as her own. I cannot wait to go back and take more pictures! They also have two adorable puppies. I was only able to hold the little girl for a few seconds before she wanted down. The little boy, however, was like a little baby and just melted in my arms. His sister and her husband raise pigs, turkeys, and chickens for food/to sell. When we went over the the pigs, he drew his finger across his neck signaling that they would soon be slaughtered.

Then, Janko opened the turkey pen allowing the little girl puppy to run in side. That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I felt a little bad for the turkey, but seeing a little puppy chasing a full grown turkey was pretty entertaining. I wish I had the video camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment