Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I want my TV shows!

Not that this is important, but I was really hoping to be able to watch my favorite ABC TV shows online. When I tried to this morning, I got the message, "You appear to be outside the United States or its territories. Due to international rights agreements, we only offer this video to viewers located within the United States and its territories." Bummer. Oh well.

I am putting together things for my first lessons today. I am not really planning on much happening with the kids today. I need to first figure out how much English they actually know before I can really do anything. I put together a very simple powerpoint for them (it will be a small enough group that we can all crowd around my laptop). Hopefully seeing some pictures and starting off with basic conversation will help them feel more comfortable around me. I am really looking forward to working with the adults. They do not know any English, so at least I know where to start with them! It will be a fun challenge working with people that do not know any English when I also cannot speak any of their language. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment