Monday, May 31, 2010

Wow and Wow!

Wow. Next week is my last full week of classes. It's hard to believe that time has gone by so fast. I still have so much to teach; I feel like I need to stay another two months. Less and less time means fuller and fuller days. Tomorrow I will have eight hours worth of classes! I have easily put in at least 40-50 hours of work in each week between teaching and preparation work. The adults and I are starting to panic a bit because there is just too much to learn in too little time. I will have my one group from 8-9 tomorrow night just to cram in as much as we can before I leave. The next two weeks will be busy!

Another Wow! I have a front row seat at the Elton John concert! How unbelievable is that? A seat opened up just minutes before I was about to book one in another section. A front row seat here only cost a few more dollars then the seats in the back of most American arenas. I am so excited - this will be so amazing!

My friend from Padina cannot come to the concert so it will be just me and this girl that I haven't met yet. I still wish I could take another student, but I can't pay for 3 tickets. When I said I would pay for someone's ticket if they took me to the concert, I meant help me get from Padina to Belgrade to the concert and back. The girl I am going with is taking me from a meeting point in the city and back to a train station. I have to ride the bus to Belgrade in the morning with one of my students and walk 2.5 miles out to the arena and back to get the tickets before the box office closes. So for only having to take me to a train station in the city after the concert, this is a pretty good deal for an Elton John fan! Since she was 'promised' a ticket to the concert before I had the chance to invite my students or a Belgrade Rotaract member, I ended up telling them she could pay the $20 difference in the ticket prices to sit with me in a better section, or I would get her a cheaper ticket in another section. She said she was ok sitting by herself, so we won't even be sitting together.

In honor of the Elton John concert, here is a song lyric for Tom:
"I want love, won't break me down, Won't brick me up, won't fence me in"
Thank you for loving me enough to allow me to spend 2.5 wonderful months in Serbia and for not 'fencing' me in! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment