Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Native Art Gallery

Today, Liljana took me to the Native Art Gallery in Kovacica (the other city where I have English classes). The gallery was fairly small, but they even had an English speaking tour guide! The gallery featured local artists. The style here is very unique, but very fun and colorful. Next to the public gallery, there are smaller private galleries. I bought some really beautiful hand-painted eggs from a women. I really hope I can get them home without them breaking!

This painting was really interesting (and really big!!). The building in the upper left corner represents Bratislava Slovakia. The castle on the top middle represents the Spis region of Slovakia. There are 200 people in the picture to represent the 200 years of Kovacica. Both Padina and Kovacica were settled by Slovaks about 200 years ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment