Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Beautiful Park in Belgrade

On the way to the retreat on Saturday, we stopped in Belgrade for about an hour. Daniel and his fiance Elana took me to the fortress that sits along the Danube and Sava rivers. I had seen pictures of it before, but it really exceeded my expectations. It was huge! The fort and its walls never seemed to end. There was plenty of greenspace making it the perfect place for picnics or for families to spend time together. Of all the capital cities I have ever been in, Belgrade definitely ranks #1 for having a beautiful, family friendly park that just happens to have a really cool fort and overlook two rivers. Daniel is very knowledgeable about the history of Serbia and Belgrade so it was like having my own personal tour guide. The park contains military vehicles from the two World Wars so those were really neat to see. Enjoy the slide show below. I cannot wait to see more of Belgrade!

No comments:

Post a Comment