Tuesday, May 25, 2010

To go or not to go?

My time here in Padina is quickly coming to an end. I need to figure out my travel plans for the next few weeks. I was thinking about going to Timisoara, Romania for a few days and then flying to Italy. WizzAir, a budget airline, has very cheap flights out of Timisoara. Plus, Timisoara looks like a beautiful city! So, to go or not to go?

My other option is to fly directly to Italy from Belgrade. As of now. I am leaning towards this option. I would absolutely love to visit Romania, but traveling just isn't as much fun when you are alone. For me, going to Italy is almost like going home. Italy, specifically Tuscany, has the most beautiful little old cities surrounded by picture perfect rolling green hills. I will be spending the weekend with some friends in Siena. I can speak enough Italian to get by so I am really looking forward to being somewhere where I at least have a slight idea as to what is happening. And best of all, I LOVE Italian food! I haven't had pizza, mozzarella, fresh Parmesan, or fresh basil since I have been in Serbia. The food here in Serbia is not bad, but I really miss mozzarella and parmesan cheese. I cannot wait to take my first bite of yummy Italian pizza, or even better, gelato! My stomach may be deciding this one for me . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment