Monday, May 17, 2010

Saturday Conversation Class

I had an optional conversation class for my adult students and it went really well. There were even two new women that came to the class! I really wish the adult classes had been advertised before I came here so I could have had more time with the women. At first we only did easy questions. But since some of the women already spoke English before my class, we switched to more difficult question. They had a lot of fun with "What would you do if" questions like "what would you do if you won the lottery." From now on, I am going to start or end each class with 15 minutes of conversation practice. The beginners know enough English now to be able to form basic sentences. I can't say I'll miss the kids, but it will be really hard to say goodbye to the women here! They have just been so wonderful to work with.

The weather the past few days has been terrible. It is really cold, windy, and rainy. None of the older kids or younger kids came to class today because it's so bad. I am glad they didn't come because they all walk or ride bike here and they shouldn't be out in this weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment