Saturday, May 15, 2010

Novi Sad

Ever since I found out I was coming to Serbia, I was really excited to see the city of Novi Sad because it looked so nice in all the pictures. I have been able to kind of see the city twice and wanted to share the pictures with you. The first time was after that youth retreat. We passed through the city on our way home and stopped for about a half hour at the fort that over looks the city. The fort is located on a hill across the river from the center of the city. The sun was shinning down on the city and everything looked so nice - it made me ever more excited to see the city itself. I was really excited when my hosts said that we would go back to Novi Sad the next day to taker their son back to his church. I thought we would have time to visit the historic center, but instead we went to lunch with the secretary and pastor of the church in Novi Sad. Then, they had a meeting with the Superintendent of the Church here in Serbia in a suburb of Novi Sad. I enjoyed meeting the pastors again, but we unfortunately ran out of time to see any of the city. Hopefully I will get to go there again and see the city before I leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment