Thursday, May 13, 2010

Updates

Class attendance this week has definitely improved from the past three weeks. Luckily, one of my adult students didn't know that I had classes for teens and brought her son to one of the adult classes for extra English practice. I told him to come to my teen classes and bring friends. He came and brought three friends! Wow - there is such a difference between 9-10 year old boys and 12 year old boys. The 9-10 year old kids are difficult to work with at times. These four twelve-year-old boys could not be sweeter. They listen and try so hard. I really hope they keep coming back and bring more friends that are just like them!

Donation update:
About a month ago, I told you a story about a family here in Padina who lost their barn and supplies to fix their house in a fire. Thanks to very generous donations from my family, we were able to raise about $470 for the family! They were very appreciative that people that don't even know them were willing to help them. I got more good news this week. The two original volunteers here in Padina were about to raise about $300 through their church. This will be a tremendous help for this wonderful family! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment