Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Welcome to Kovacica!

Once a week, I teach an English class in the neighboring town of Kovacica. This towns seems a little bigger than Padina. Kovacica has bigger stores than Padina as well as a few cafes. Unfortunately, I only spend about two hours a week here between the English class and Liljana's Sunday school class, so I haven't really been able to explore the town. The few kids that come to English class/Sunday school are really great kids. I wish I was able to spend more time with them instead of some of the little terrors here in Padina.

The first picture of the blue building is the Methodist Church in Kovacica. The rest of the pictures are from the main square. I also took some pictures of the frogs and snails in the rain ditch/gutter alongside the road in front of the Church. the frogs were so loud! If you look closely, you can see how their cheeks puff out when they croak. My favorite picture is the one of the snail walking into the red pole. He was moving so slow, I don't understand how he still managed to walk into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment