Friday, June 4, 2010

Most Amazing Concert Ever!

The concert was absolutely amazing! It was better than I could have ever imagined. I'll write more details about the trip later, so I will stick with the fun details for now. We walked into the arena just as the concert was starting, so I yelled to my friend, "enjoy the show" and then ran to my seat in the front row. I was at the far right of the stage so I didn't have the best view of Elton John. However, I had a great view of the percussionist and main guitarist. Honestly, I am glad I had a good view of them because they were much more entertaining to watch. Every once in a while the percussionist would playfully throw instruments in the air. For most of the concert everyone sat in their seats and enjoyed the show.

About two thirds of the way through the show, the security guards pushed back the rope that had been standing about six feet away from the stage. They motioned for the people in the front row to come up to the stage. People seemed confused at first, but not me! I knew what was happening and ran to the stage. (The whole front section is roped off so only people in the front rows can get close) For about 5 of his greatest hits, I was only a little more than 6 feet from Elton John!!! Being that close was so amazing! I could never have gotten a ticket like that here. Just like at PSU when you have a front row ticket to the game, nothing can compare to having nothing between you and the action. The main guitarist came up to the crowd and gave a guitar pick to the people on either side of me. I wish I had gotten the pick! Oh well.

I was waiting (and hoping) that he would come right up to the crowd to touch everyone's hand and he did! I can't believe that I got to touch/shake Elton John's hand! How awesome is that?! I never dreamed that I would be that close to the stage. Everything was so surreal because a minute after he touched my hand, he made an announcement that he had a special request for a song. I couldn't believe my ears, he played the Circle of Life - my favorite song! This is the song where I got the title of my blog from. So here I am in Serbia, hearing the song that I named my blog after and having just touched his hand. It was unbelievable experience.

Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment