Saturday, June 12, 2010

More Adorable Kittens . . . and some other animals too

My student, Zuska, that took me to and from Belgrade for the concert invited me to her house because she knows how much I love animals. I had been wanting to see her kittens for awhile so I was very excited to go. Like many families here, they raise their own pigs, rabbits, chickens, etc because meat is too expensive. I took a few pictures of the chickens, ducks, and geese, but I spent most of the time with the adorable kittens. I saw one little kitten swaying back and forth because she was about to fall asleep sitting up. I picked her up and she instantly fell asleep upside down in my arms. Too cute! She slept happily in my arms until her son knocked over a dirt bike. So what could possibly make me happier than holding a precious sleeping kitten? Holding 5 precious kittens at one time! These kittens were so cute! They reminded me of little bobcats.This slideshow is longer than the others, but who can get tired of kitten pictures?


On a side note, the weather here has been brutal the past few days. It has been around 95 degrees and humid for about a week now. Interestingly, Liljana said that summers never used to be this hot. The hot weather only started after they were bombed by Nato so that is an interesting coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment